Motorcycles are dangerous machines, and suffering an accident can be devastating to both you and your loved ones. When you hire a Pennsylvania motorcycle accident lawyer you can be sure your rights will be protected for recovering money from your accident claim.
Free Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Advice
When you make motorcycle accident insurance claims, you need an expert on your side. Lee Gaber has over 27 years of experience, and has recovered millions of dollars in thousands of cases.
Serving all counties in Southeastern Pennsylvania, means that regardless of which county you live, we will come to you; and there is never a charge for your initial Pennsylvania motorcycle accident consultation.
I am a local motorcycle accident lawyer, Pennsylvania born and raised, who is available for support when you or someone you love is in need of help after a serious motorcycle injury. The injured rider’s family and loved ones often suffer from frayed nerves and have trouble coping with the life-changing nature of a serious Pennsylvania motorcycle accident.
I will take the time to thoroughly review your motorcycle accident claim and secure, for you, the help you need for your injuries – both physical and emotional. If you can’t come to me, I will come to you.
Pennsylvania Territory Covered
I handle cases mainly in SE Pennsylvania. If you have had a motorcycle accident in any of the following areas, please call me for a case review:
Most of my accident representation is in the counties around my location, Montgomery County, Bucks County, Delaware County, Chester County, Lancaster County, Northampton County, and Berks County.
I should also note that I handle cases in the suburbs of Philadelphia, including but not limited to Villanova, Upper Makefield, Gladwyne, Chestnut Hill, New Hope Borough, Rittenhouse, Bryn Mawr, Merion Station, etc.
Contact a Lawyer Before an Insurance Company
When involved in a motorcycle accident, or any vehicular accident, many people’s first impulse is to contact their insurance company. This is typically followed by the the person spewing out details as fast as they can get them out of their mouths.
While not always a problem, this is generally not the best approach to make a motorcycle accident claim.
What if I’ve Already Contacted My Insurance Company Before I Found You?
Don’t worry, what’s done is done, you can still contact me at 888-292-5352 (888-cycle-law) to help with your claim as long as you haven’t signed off on a final settlement.
No matter what the insurance company tells you, it is always a good idea to have an experienced Pennsylvania motorcycle accident lawyer look over your case
Why is this important?
The insurance companies claims departments are a little different than the insurance sales people. No, a lot different.
The sales people are all about telling you they are there for your protection. Conversely, once you have an accident, the insurance claims adjustors are tasked with limiting the payouts.
A motorcycle accident attorney simply makes sure you are being treated fairly and get everything you are due.
… my consultations are free of charge to Pennsylvania victims, and you never pay anything unless I win your case.
Here are some things you should do in a Pennsylvania motorcycle accident:
I will go over this and more when we talk.
- Call a dedicated Pennsylvania motorcycle accident lawyer as soon after an accident occurs – after attending to any injuries. I can be reached at 888-292-5352 24/7.
- Take photos or video of your injuries, damage to your vehicle, the accident scene, and (video of) any witnesses that are talking at the scene, that may support your claim.
- Review your coverage with an attorney to understand it before talking to an insurer. The “Coverage” and “Exclusion” sections of you policy are important.
- After you contact me, I will do most of the communicating on your behalf, but if you do get a direct call from any insurance company representatives, take detailed notes of all conversations, making sure to get the company names, caller names, phone numbers, and job titles. If the person is trying to bully you, get their supervisor’s name as well.
- Let me know whether you may have insurance coverage under other insurance policies. Some people have more than one policy that might cover a claim.
- Keep receipts of meals, lodging, and purchases made in connection with time spent pursuing your claim or recovering from your injuries from the time of the covered accident until final claim settlement.
Don’t Fall Into These Traps:
- Recorded or written statements to your insurer can hurt you. You aren’t required to allow the insurance company to record your telephone conversation, so don’t.
- Don’t sign any waivers or releases of any kind until you obtain advice from a motorcycle accident law firm. In the state most people are in after a serious accident, they may not think clearly about all compensation needed before signing a release for payment on personal property or unanticipated injury follow up.
- Don’t automatically accept an estimate or appraisal of your losses by the insurer. Insurance companies want you to accept their estimator’s repair or replacement estimates, which are quite often on the low side.
- Don’t let a bad financial situation after a major injury sway you into making a quick decision to accept a premature, inadequate settlement from an insurer. It won’t solve anything to make that decision before consulting an accident attorney today. Remember, you have no obligation to follow my free initial advice, but most clients do.
- Accepting any check that says “final payment” will invalidate any further negotiation. Don’t sign or cash a check before discussing it with an attorney, and knowing the ramifications.
- Most policies require a signed proof of loss within a certain time limit. Know and comply with this requirement. Many policies allow you only one year from the date of loss in which to bring a legal action. A failure to settle within that period could result in the loss of your right to get any compensation, unless an attorney is involved.
- If your policy provides replacement coverage, don’t settle a personal property loss for “actual cash value.” You may be required to replace the lost items before getting your full reimbursement if you have replacement cost coverage.
I love helping people move on from their motorcycle accidents in the best way possible.
I can only do that if you let me help you by calling me at 888-292-5352 from the scene of the accident, a hospital or the comfort of your home. I will come to you if you can’t make it to me.
Motorcycle Accident Injury Can Result in Loss of Income
In the case of an accident, there may be physical abilities that are lost for a period of time, or even permanently. This can impede or prevent the injured party from being able to work in the same manner which they did prior to the accident, or even at all. Lost wages are recoverable in most situations.
Coping with Loss
I am a Pennsylvania motorcycle attorney who understands that these types of changes to someone’s life are hard to process, mentally. It is important to know how to manage motorcycle accident insurance claims.
Psychological counseling may be needed and be included as part of the motorcycle accident settlement plan negotiated by PA motorcycle accident lawyer Lee D. Gaber, Esquire. In some cases Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder occurs, wherein the accident victim has repeated visions of the accident which are hard to deal with.
Depending on how devastating the injury is, if your social life was based around riding, you may have to create new friendships, or possibly even seek emotional or psychological support due to loss of consortium.
Motorcycle accident insurance claims are highly focused on the event itself, in addition to the resultant injuries, and you need to know you have someone on your side that understands you as a rider, and the dynamic of a cycle.
I am a Motorcycle Lawyer Who Rides
As an motorcycle lawyer who is also a passionate motorcycle rider, I am uniquely qualified to work with you through the process of resolving your claim. I will undertake all the communication and negotiation with the insurance companies and adjusters that are involved, so you don’t have to worry.
I will attempt to amicably settle your claim out of court, but if a motorcycle accident lawsuit is necessary, I will take care of all of the details involved.